Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ebay ID: nwcylinderheads

I bought a rebuilt d15b7 head. It arrived quickly and was well packaged, but unfortunately had a very serious flaw - whoever had done the rebuild had put in the wrong intake valves. They were a fraction of an inch too tall and there was no way to back the rockers all the way off of them, even with the studs backed all the way out, the rockers were still putting pressure on the valves. Thus, the valves could not shut, and I couldn't build any compression.

Unfortunately - I didn't notice this until I had attached the head. Thankfully, TJ with Northwest not only provided me with prepaid shipping to send the head back - he compensated me for the $95 head gasket I wasted. Within ~10 days of sending the head back, it was fixed, on my doorstep and my paypal was credited.

While I will say I was unhappy that the problem occurred in the first place - I am happy with how I was taken care of. I'm sure that was a fluke, and I'd buy from them again.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
Good shit glad it was fixed in a very professional manner... But where the hell did you get a 95 dollar headgasket? I just swapped mine and the thing was 22 bucks after taxes

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've heard nothing but GOOD things from these guys. A lot of Honda guys in Portland use them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts