Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been building rwd v8s since I was fifteen, professional flat rate auto tech. Get a job at Honda and two months later I get a mint hatch from an old man as he couldn’t afford to fix it. Have very little money in the car and commute to work a half hour every day. I’ve fallen in love with the go cart feel of the car and often times the wife and kid want to ride in it over my Silverado! Car is a 97 d16y7 non VTEC 104 horsepower my goal is 190 wheel horsepower with this ride. Not here to be a pain with unrealistic goals. I have spent the last two weeks trying to decide what powertrain I want but can’t justify the swap to a b or k for the amount of horsepower gained in this case I think the best engine for the car is the one I have.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
975 Posts
hey man ,welcome .lets get some pics of that cherry!

if you are telling us your power goal is unrealistic them you are doomed to fail before you even begin..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the forum man!
I was in the same boat as you when I bought my civic over a decade ago.
I kept the D series all this time and I hope that later this year my car will finally be complete once again and making ~600HP.
I've come a long way in a decade but the D series is a great platform that was once overlooked and has now gained its respect amongst the other engine familes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts