Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, just another noobie here.

I'm a noob with engine building and d-series.org's forums. I've got a d16a6 and plan on being boosted and taking my time to do it right. I don't have any tools necessary for a build nor the experience, but I have a friend who is going to help and let me get some hands on experience.

I've been searching and reading and I think I may have came up with everything I need so far for my hp goal.

My goal is a little over 300whp with a Garrett T3/T4 50 Trim.
RCAutoworks

I'm wanting to go with FJ Distributors Turbo Superkit COMBO for D16A6, with their custom rods so I don't lose any compression. :mrgreen: and so I dont miss anything important since this is my first build...
FJ Distributors

I was also very drawn to getting a 1.2 Bisimoto Turbo Regrind with a Bisimoto Cam gear. Level 1.2, D-series Turbo regrind, non-vtec - $349.00 : Bisimoto Engineering, Where Efficiency Meets Technological Perfection

I plan on getting a Ebay Cast Iron Manifold. I'm willing to spend the extra $ when needed, but if I can save some cash by not being pretty, it's well worth it for me.D15 D16 CAST IRON TURBO MANIFOLD+GASKETS T3/T4 35/38MM | eBay

Precision 880cc Injectors seemed to fit my needs well.
Xenocron Tuning: Precision Turbo 880cc Fuel Injector Set for Honda-Low Impedence #[SCIO880]

I'd like to try and stay obd0 and use TurboEdit, if I was to convert to obd1 I'd go with hondata s300. I'll be getting a tune from Trackmaster's located in Hunstville AL.

I'd love the criticism good or bad, so please tell me what you think, how I could improve, what you would do, and if it floats your boat go ahead and flame. Thanks d-series.org users!

::EDIT:: I forgot to mention the Walbro 255lph Fuel pump also!
http://compare.ebay.com/like/150653523762?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y

·
Registered
51 Posts
looks like a good plan, im sure youll be able to reach your goal, should probably get some valve train upgrades aswell to help with the cam

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Delta 272-2 would be a much better option and seems to be a forum favorite.
Change of plans thanks to Bishop. Will be getting a Delta cam. Done some research and it seems like it'd be a way better deal. :TU:

should probably get some valve train upgrades aswell to help with the cam
Also, adding a Valve Spring Set from Bisi to go with the Delta Cam.
D16A6/D15B2/B7/B1 Valve springs set - $179.00 : Bisimoto Engineering, Where Efficiency Meets Technological Perfection

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not to thread jack but with the Delta 272-2 Do you send them your oem cam and they Regrind it to the bisi 2.4's specs or do they just Make a brand new cam?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have pretty much the same set up on eagle vitaras with a 57 trim bullseye turbo, stock cam, cast mani, and 3in downpipe and I made 314hp and 242 torque so i def think your goal should be met.. excited to see how it goes for you.. i want to upgrade my cam to a delta too...goodluck let us know your numbers

and Yes you do have to send delta your old cam..
vtec cam is around $180 for them to regrind i've called them twice

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
skip the bisi 1.2 turbo regrind cam, really not worth the money. A Delta 272-2 would be a much better option and seems to be a forum favorite.

otherwise looks like a good build.
I may be the reason they are able to make these... just possibly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts