9.1:1 ycp decked pistons 75 mm
Jrsc with a 10 psi pulley
50 shot of wet nitrous
cc stage 3 clutch

This build will be done pretty soon, so my question is
How do I tune the ecu?
Which ecu to choose? P28 or p2p?
Will hondata work for me?
What will Neptune or crome does to my build?

You may say research newbie but istell need to someone explain me which way and why on why not?

Thanks iun advance fellows

for valuable answers i will add reputation points

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
first off who is going to do the tuning. that will answer your questions almost instantly...

youll want to use a p28 ecu, ake sure youve converted to obd1 if your an obd2 car

hondata will work, neptune and crome will pretty much do the same thing.... also mybe look into ectune... but it will pretty much boil down to what your tuners uses.....

if your not going to tune it yourself, figure out who your taking it to... and basically ask them the same questions....

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
I would do a little searching. That way you may have more value based on what your tuner uses... all the software you mentioned is reputable and stable. Any will work in your case.

You are obd-2a or b? The jumpers are 65 bux ish on ebay... you don't need a p28. You need a chipped ecu with vtec. Finding a chipped p28 can get expensive. Find a p05 and have it socketed...

Tuning will unlock power bar none and the fact you are obd2 will freak the ecu out with substantial mods. Crome is a cheap affordable option for a diy tuner. I would look into it.

I would read a bunch. You don't sound near ready to tackle a full tune

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/SIZE]
first off who is going to do the tuning. that will answer your questions almost instantly...

youll want to use a p28 ecu, ake sure youve converted to obd1 if your an obd2 car

hondata will work, neptune and crome will pretty much do the same thing.... also mybe look into ectune... but it will pretty much boil down to what your tuners uses.....

if your not going to tune it yourself, figure out who your taking it to... and basically ask them the same questions....

yes i will be doing it by myself.
i dont know if hondas del sol with a d15b7 comes obd1 or obd 2.
how may i know thaT?

the swap will be going in this stock del sol d15b7 with stock ecu.
so basicly crome is just a chip for the ecu that allow me to controll the map of that the ecu controls?

I would do a little searching. That way you may have more value based on what your tuner uses... all the software you mentioned is reputable and stable. Any will work in your case.

You are obd-2a or b? The jumpers are 65 bux ish on ebay... you don't need a p28. You need a chipped ecu with vtec. Finding a chipped p28 can get expensive. Find a p05 and have it socketed...

Tuning will unlock power bar none and the fact you are obd2 will freak the ecu out with substantial mods. Crome is a cheap affordable option for a diy tuner. I would look into it.

I would read a bunch. You don't sound near ready to tackle a full tune
thanks for the info.
so basicly chipping the ecu will allow me to control the fuel maps and the air maps?
is that what im looking for to controll with the tune?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts