Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i might be stuck on using my .42 .48 on my built engine and i have a couple questions regarding maxing it out. cant find the info i need because noone is running this turbo at its max potential, which from what i gathered is roughly 18-20 psi.

my setup will be

460cc injectors, 2.5 bar map, 255lph intank, turboedit...

will this turbo be efficient on 20psi of boost or am i running it as a hair dryer?

also one other question.

does the .48 t3 housing sit the downpipe in a different position than the .63 exhaust housing? meaning will i have to redo my downpipe when i chuck on something with a .63 housing. i know the ssauto .63 housings sit differen than the garrett .48 but i also read on h-t that the ching chong housings arent the same as the real garrett housings.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
464 Posts
AJxr... a 42/48 is gonna spool fast as fuck and you will be REAL happy w/ it on the street... 16 psi MAX!!!!! or you'll over spool it and it will "eat" itself.

my first setup was a 14B which is comparable to a 42/48, and was running a 2.5 map, 450's and Turboedit... and i actually launched the 14b into the realm of 24 at the track and 27psi when it spiked.... but on the daily, i was pushing 16-17psi and it netted me 14.0 @ 118 on street tires... i couldnt afford slicks at the time.

when i swapped over to the 48/60 i maxxed the 450's and ran a 13.3 # 111 @ 14psi on the same street tires.

just trying to give ya a lil info on where you're at and where you're talking about going

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know how it spools, ive run one before. i know it will probably make no more then 250whp but i was wondering how much boost they max out at.

hmm... damn.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
does the .48 t3 housing sit the downpipe in a different position than the .63 exhaust housing? meaning will i have to redo my downpipe when i chuck on something with a .63 housing. i know the ssauto .63 housings sit differen than the garrett .48 but i also read on h-t that the ching chong housings arent the same as the real garrett housings.
depends. if you are going from a ford/volvo/saab .48 to a Ford .63 you shouldnt have to change anything. but if you are going to a more common 4 bolt .63 housing, well thats pretty self explanitory

·
Registered
159 Posts
The .48 from lets say a volvo has a different housing config (slightly angled differently) and required the cut and reweld of the DP when it was switched over....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts