Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all, I am Tony. I have had my 88 civic sedan for 4 years now. She is a great daily driver but is only DPFI. I have done an MPFI conversion 3 times with this manifold (see pictures) but I am not sure what engine it is off of. Everytime I attempted the conversion she would not run right. I checked all of the injectors and wiring and vacuum lines and all were fine. Is it possible that my MAP sensor was bugging out because of the bigger throttle body? Since she is my daily though I had to swap back to DPFI all 3 times so I could get to work.

I am going to attempt this one last time but I was wondering if the D15B6 intake would be better. Also, does anyone know what could be the problem the previous attempts so I can fix them this time?

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was bogging at idle and kind of leveled out when I pressed the gas but still sounded like it was not igniting. Are the spark plugs gapped differently for MPFI?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see most people use the intake from a d16a6 which has a vacuum port above the iacv and a device under the stamp. My intake does not have those. Is it possible that is why my car will not run right? What is that device on the back of the intake?

Sorry I can not post a picture of the device for some reason.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok. So I found out that it is a fast idle valve. I do not have that on my intake. Also I do not have the purge cut-off solenoid valve next to the map sensor on the firewall. are these tings necessary for an MPFI swap?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you hook up the FITV (fast idle thermo valve under the throttle body) to your coolant hoses? Did you use a new manifold gasket?
Did you block off the nipple/hose for that EVAP thing as you don't have it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts