Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1989 EF Hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob incoming, whats up D-Series.org?

Wanted to introduce myself and bring to light my current project, I have always been a crazy guy interested in throwing together things that make people sit back and think "WTF were you thinking?".

I have been working on my 1989 DX Hatch for well over a year now and I am so close to bringing this project to a close, this car was my first car and has quite a bit of sentimental value hence the project. Long story short the car was put out of commission quite a while back and I decided to work on it for fun instead of letting it rot.

The goal is forced induction. I have gone with the original D15B2 block with a D16Z6 head for a mini-me swap.

Mods/Components of Build:
Auto part
CP Carillo Forged Pistons
Max Speeding Rods Forged Connecting Rods
Full Ferrea Valve-train
Comp Cams 59300 Camshaft
ACL Race Bearings
Tool Tool accessory
Hondata S300 P28 ECU
1000cc Injector Dynamics Injectors
Walbro Fuel Pump
Skunk2 Adjustable Cam
Koyorad Racing Radiator

I have everything at the moment to start assembling the block.
Auto part Engine Automotive exhaust Automotive engine part
Finally got the head back with valve job done and plan to put some work in getting things assembled this weekend. Money is tight due to holidays but come Jan/Feb I'll have what I need to finish it up.

Looking forward to posting updates and open to any recommendations, thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Build looks good! Welcome to DSO!

·
Registered
98 Civic HX D16Y5
172 Posts
I think the injectors might be over kill, but nice start and welcome
Not if he has future FI plans.... Who wants to buy injectors twice?

Nice build! Keep the updates and pics coming.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Welcome to DSO. Definitely a solid start to a nice build. Keep the updates coming.

·
Premium Member
1989 EF Hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
true but 1000cc can support a ton of hp.
I guess we will see how crazy this build goes.
Lol, exactly. I'm wanting to start off with a decent turbo setup leading into twin charging with a Jackson Racing supercharger in the future. Not sure who did it previously but I remember seeing someone with pretty much the same setup except with D16Z6 Head/Block.

That is still not a guarantee, however I do plan on playing around with it for quite a while so I wanted to 'future proof' it somewhat. All of it is a learning by experiencing project and it's been great working with it.

·
Premium Member
1989 EF Hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have a few pics to update the post, found a pic of the engine bay after hosing it down with the pressure washer for a couple hours. Couldn't find the before image but I've got it somewhere.

Also have a pic of my Valve cover, I ceramic coated it blue and baked it then hand painted the emblem and letters with factory Honda paint using scratch repair paint kits.

Lastly I have my Work NR4 wheels that I drove down to San Antonio and back same day for, lol. For those not in Texas it was an 8+ hour drive for me there and back.

I'll post additional pics as I find them and update with my progress, thanks for checking!

Attachments

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Welcome, I dig the wheels, the force is strong in this one. In for more.

·
Premium Member
1989 EF Hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Loads of updates! I've been spending every available weekend putting as much work into the build as possible and it's finally showing. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Attachments

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,678 Posts
Nice building in process!

I'm digging those wheels and what specs are those? I don't think I've ever seen that wheels before....well Rep for you and sub'd :TU:

·
Premium Member
1989 EF Hatch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually got a turbo from a local guy for pretty cheap, only problem is I need a custom manifold for it. The Turbo came off of an 08 Evo X, here's the specs I pulled off an Evo forum.

TD05HA-152G6-12T
Compressor: 12 blade (6 full/6 splitter), 68mm diameter, 48 Trim
Turbine: 12 blade, 56mm,76Trim
Turbine Housing A/R: 10.5cm^2
Wastegate Actuator Open Pressure: 11psi

The wheels are Work NR4's, older Japanese imports that I got extremely lucky to have the chance to buy. They are 15x6.5 +42offset.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.