Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The name is Jonathan, Jay for short.
I'm from Denver, Co.

I recently bought my Eg4, its a D15 none vtec 5speed. She does have some rust. Looking on ideas on how to make her faster. No swap just yet. Trying to get into the community & meet other people. I do like to read threads. Let me know ideas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Welcome to Dso. What kind of faster? I/H/E is the most common thing to do from being bone stock. Another thing is what they call the mini-me, which is basically a vtec head being swapped to the d15 or so block. Possibly a simple turbo kit depends on how much knowledge or resources you have. There's plenty of good threads here that could help you with your questions and future build

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty fast, I want to learn as I go. Before I do a swap I want to do the most to this stock engine. I want it to end up awd also.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Pretty fast, I want to learn as I go. Before I do a swap I want to do the most to this stock engine. I want it to end up awd also.
Hp goal or a 1/4 mile gooal.

Everyone's "fast" is different.
And makes no sense to swap a motor when you done all you can. Because that would mean you turbo it or build it for NA which means it would be faster then a swap you would put in.

But yea read the sticky and some build threads in show case.

Welcome to the fourm.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
^ Im with smart.

If your ultimate goal is fast, the motor will come out. Might as well plan for that now and not waste any money but to keep that motor alive long enough to get out of the way.

I wouldn't break or do anything to that motor you have, just parts to keep her running for now. Maybe I/H/E but dont expect to much out of those, over stock numbers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I say fast, I won't be taking her to the drag strip to often but we'll be attending car meets ;). More of a street fast than a drag fast. It is my daily driver. On the awd I would want to use the station wagon set up or the crv set up they have not sure yet. One reason I would want to boost this engine would be to pass it on to my sister once she gets her crx shell, I wouldn't be able to do a swap for a while til find a grarage I could use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts