Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off, still new to turbo D-series....but ill make it short

1. Where can i tap the oil/water lines as well as the return lines?
2. what are the injector sizes, and fuel pump limits?
3. Are there any real over heat issues with going turbo on D16y8?
4. Lastly, how much can the stock gear box handle before breaking?

Cheers guys/girls

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Ok let's see. Oil feed. The easy way is get an oil filter sandwhich plate and run a line off of that.
Water lines I hear off the iacv.
Oil return will need to be taped into the oil pan, where I couldn't tell u you have to install the downpipe and turbo outlet pipe to fint out were a good spot would be.
Stock d15 d16y8 and y5 are 240cc. D16y7 or 190cc.
Fuel pump I don't remember but I believe it good till about 250hp. But like I said I don't remeber and turbo cars use more fuel then NA.

Over heating on thr y8 haven't heared to much just make sure everything is up to spec and flushed out. But the d16y do have oil problems.

Stock gearbox idk but the clutch is normal good for only about 20% more then stock hp.

Well I hope all this helps and I'm sure some1 ill chime in with more

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Ok first off, still new to turbo D-series....but ill make it short

1. Where can i tap the oil/water lines as well as the return lines?

oil line from a tuner toys block fitting or oil sandwich adapter....water line, type into the search button "how to hook up turbo water lines" i made a write up

2. what are the injector sizes, and fuel pump limits?

depends on your motor most are 240cc. you NEED to upgrade to larger injectors. a good functioning pump can support 250whp before it starts getting strained....but even on a stock motor the pump can go out. you may want to upgrade

3. Are there any real over heat issues with going turbo on D16y8?

not on a stock block build, with a good functioning healthy motor....although you should toss in a set of arp headstuds, which in doing so you need to replace the head gasket, so that fixes that problem

4. Lastly, how much can the stock gear box handle before breaking?

way more than you will make.....only needed upgrade once you get into big power (300-350+whp) numbers is a lsd although it would be a nice upgrade even on a stock block build

you my freind have ALOT of research to do!!!! these are all simple questions that could have been found easily, your luck i felt like spoon feeding you today. y8 have oiling problems search it up to rectify that, also read ALL the stickies at the top of the forced induction section

Cheers guys/girls

·
Registered
418 Posts
i used my stock d tranny on 250 whp last year and only hurt 1 of them haha it wheel hopped at the track snapped an axle and i thought thats all it did until 2 days of driving on it and it wouldnt go into any gear other then that you should be fine unless your planning on maken big numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts