Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a DOHC ZC head bolt on to any of the other d blocks? (d16y8, y7 etc...) If so, would it create significant power gains? I was just wondering...

·
Registered
371 Posts
the D16A1 is the only one I know off. the d16a1 is 118 vs the zc which is 130-140hp. It boils down to the cams. I just threw them in my d16a1 and saved the time/work.

·
Registered
275 Posts
slow97ex said:
Can a DOHC ZC head bolt on to any of the other d blocks? (d16y8, y7 etc...) If so, would it create significant power gains? I was just wondering...

nope!!! and u cant put a vtec head on the zc block<the b16 head is to big,and the a1 sucks ass.the real zc is way better.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The only mods you need for a true ZC are the ECU (PM7) and the camshaft from a JDM ZC if you can find them, to make a D16A1 or 8/9 into a ZC.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i think the zc has better pistons and rods.think the block is stonger too.and the tru zc has more aggravsie cams.man it aint wroth it for the trouble and headache i would just buy true DOHC zc and put it in.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DOHCef8si said:
nope!!! and u cant put a vtec head on the zc block<the b16 head is to big,and the a1 sucks ass.the real zc is way better.
He asked if a ZC HEAD could go on a d-series Block not the other way around.

·
Registered
780 Posts
slow97ex said:

well... i dont think people are understanding your question... but to answer it YES, a ZC head will bolt onto some other D blocks, people will tell you it cant be done, and that oil passages dont line up- but they line up well enough to flow enough oil- a friend of mine had a d15b7 block with a ZC head... and yes- it worked... not sure if he had any significant power gains or not- it was turbo'd... so im not sure what the gain would be N/A...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts