Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how is it going I have a 96 civc ex non V tec with a Cx racing turbo set up pushing 7 P.S.I with stock internals with a upgraded fuel rail along with a S300 ECU

my question is what is the best way to build my D series motor to get the most potential out of that motor with the set up I already have ?

Please any advice and tips will be grateful

Thank you have a nice day

·
Registered
114 Posts
hello and welcome to dseries.org. this question has been covered many times already on this forum and many others, the search feature will help you out and so will google. The first thing though is what do you want to build it for? what kind of numbers do you want? are you going to be racing it? or just street driving it? no one can really answer any of these questions until you know what your plan is for your car.

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the feedback, I appericate it very much and I'm looking for how I can build this d series non VTEC turbod so it can handle my abuse and i want it for street racing not track

·
Registered
588 Posts
Personally I advise against vitaras, nothing beats a proper forged piston and rod setup if your budget allows it. I myself run FJ h-beams with supertech forged pistons, This was the cheapest forged setup I could come across when I swapped out the vitaras. For me personally, I was hearing issues of the vitaras cracking under the wrist pin and did not want to chance the reliability of the engine. I understand the going forged is not trully cheap, but for the peace of mind its priceless.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Personally I advise against vitaras, nothing beats a proper forged piston and rod setup if your budget allows it.
x2 on this. Vitara is a budget piston, and it is a cast piston and can't take any abuse thrown at it. One little ping of detonation and your ringlands will be destroyed. If you are going into the engine then this is one thing I wouldn't cheap out on, plus you can get forged pistons ordered to spec (compression height/dome)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts