Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm new to the forum and Hondas for that matter but I've been turning wrenches for a living for about 13yrs. BlahBlahBlah! Anywho, I've started a new project and am piciking up a USDM d15b7 complete motor this afternoon and already have a D16y8 head assembly for a Mini Me conversion. I'll be going through the block here in a couple of weeks to make it ready for some boost and have a piston question. Will Vitara's work with these 134mm rods or do I need the D16 137mm rods? I've tried searching for the last 24hrs and even went to the Zeal Auto calculator and am still a little confused about what exactly pistons, rods, etc I need? D series gurus I need help!

Thanks in advance

Mr Sik

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
forged D15B7 rods cost $700 bucks; get a D16 block.

·
Registered
1994 EH9
616 Posts
forged D15B7 rods cost $700 bucks; get a D16 block.

i dont think hes talking about changing the rods. hes asking will vitaras work in his d15. Yes they will work in your d15,but as mindless said, finding rods for the d15 is a bitch,and if your gonna boost you should change the rods if your gonna change the pistons. So you should ditch the d15 block and find a d16 short block.

·
11,892 Posts
if your gonna boost you should change the rods if your gonna change the pistons.
Like you said, I thought changing rods when changing pistons was a no-brainer that's why I didn't address it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on, I noticed that the Civic VX D15Z1 uses the same rod length as the D16 . Does the VX cranskshaft have the same rod journals and the d16 and D15b or are they the same as standard usdm d15b? If they are the same I should be able to use fjd rods+Vitara's right? Know anyone who sells JDM b15b cranks?

·
11,892 Posts
Right on, I noticed that the Civic VX D15Z1 uses the same rod length as the D16 . Does the VX cranskshaft have the same rod journals and the d16 and D15b or are they the same as standard usdm d15b? If they are the same I should be able to use fjd rods+Vitara's right? Know anyone who sells JDM b15b cranks?
Not sure about the D15Z1 crank. Search for the d15baby8 build by transzex you should find some useful info in there. He was using Z1 rods in a B8 but I was under the impression he was using the B8 crank but I could be wrong so double check that info. As far as a JDM D15b crank...I THINK there was someone selling one in the classifieds last year; do a search in the FS forum and post a WTB.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nevermind their different.Same rod bearing as usdm d15b. D15b Crankshaft anyone know where I could pick one up?

·
11,892 Posts
Nevermind their different.Same rod bearing as usdm d15b. D15b Crankshaft anyone know where I could pick one up?
When you reach 65 posts you can check the classifieds here. Like I said, I think someone was selling one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts