Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so im a complete newb, lucky me, more stuff to learn about my new 1G CRX Si

I bought it a little over 6 months ago. Since then ive replaced the brake system, suspension, and the clutch only has 10,000 miles.

Im overdue on replacing the timing belt by 2000 miles, and since the engine has over 200,000 miles, i was thinking about just getting a new one instead

I got alot of friends with who of want me to refabricate the whole car to cram a new powerful engine into it, but i simply dont have the funds right now

My question is, are there any other engines, other then buying a rebuilt D15A3, where i wouldnt have to replace the clutch and transmission too

If im stuck getting a rebuilt stock engine, i will and just mod it up from there

thanks for the help

-Rich-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive looked through all the posts at redpepperracing, and its hard to find the exact information im looking for, and alot of it is confusing to me because they explain 86-87 brown tops side by side witht he black tops, so im not sure what mods are needed for what engine.

All i want to know is, if i get a brown top, D16A1, from an 86-87 integra, will i need to buy a new transmission

will i also need to buy all the new knuckle/sppindles and axles to bolt up to the new trans also

all I really wanna swap is the engine, nothing else, and if this cant be done with the D16A1, then im gonna try and find a rebuilt stock D15A3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts