Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Ep3, Denali XL, Ed9
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got me a set of 14" BBS Ra's with a +30 offset. im new to the lower offset wheel thing, i always ran oem. Ive been searching but didnt find enough info. So what extended stud size (length) do i need? oh and what brand is good?im on a budget too so nothing fancy plz, function over form

·
Registered
94 civic dx coupe
66 Posts
The factory studs should be fine, offset has nothing to do with wheel studs. It refers to the hoop's (or outer section that the tire wraps around) relation to the mounting surface at the hub.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
they are all 3.25in i have em they look cool
i got e-bay ones they are fine but really all are the same blox, arp, blah blah blah they are all the same mine have a lil surface rust on the end so i would recomend getting better ones

extended studs are not made for spacers the reason people run em is because they are stronger among other things ever notice how big trucks have em they dont have spacers

if this is not a question about spacers and is bout offset then offset has nothing to do with needing extended studs

·
Registered
Ep3, Denali XL, Ed9
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok b/c when i mount the wheels, theres hardly any stud/thread left to put the factory lug nuts on.
so obviously i need extended studs.
but thanks for the info guys!
i love these rims but they need a bit restoration.theyre older than me (1984 lol)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts