Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've been a troll here for quite a while, I just never post. Loads of good info tho, so props to all.

Some background on me before I begin. Im currently deployed in Kuwait right now, this will be my 2nd and final deployment before I retire out of the military. The purpose of this post is a little rundown of parts that I am gathering for an "uber D" build. It will be a DD and will be using FI.

The list is as follows. Correct me if I am wrong and please input anything that will work better.

Bottom End:
-D16a6
-Notched for rods
-Hot tanked
-Bored and honed .20 over
-Micro polished crank (d16a6)
-75.5mm Vitaras
-FJT "Vitara" I Beam Connecting Rods
-Arp Hardware
-New Water pump
-New Oil pump
-Shimmed/Ported
-ARP Headstuds (Unsure as to which ones to purchase, y8 for the head or a6 for the block?)

Top End:
-D16y8 Head
-Silicon-bronze valve guides
-mild port and polish
-Ti retainers
-zex 105300 cam
-accompaning zex springs
-D16y8 IM
-Port matched to the head
-B series TB (Unsure if that will even work, ive seen mixed answers.)

The FI setup will be a greddy 19t kit w/greddy FMIC that has been on the car for a few years now, It will stay on the car until I do more research on what would suit my goals, then its on to bigger and better things. Perhaps a topmount setup.

Thanks for looking, and any help would be much appriciated.

Hell, you dont even have to answer, just throw up a link to some threads that have covered a a6 block/y8 head combo...that would be just dandy.

-SGT Luke Swygart

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
hole march of 07 join date and one post
my only question is why so much work to the motor and that little of a turbo setup?
you just might not be getting near out of the motor.
i would just go big with everything even the turbo since your build is big time well you know what i mean.
just kinda like bulding a motor that can hold 500whp and only making 230whp
but like you said you might do a different top mount in the futur.
but your on a good starting path.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hello all, I've been a troll here for quite a while, I just never post. Loads of good info tho, so props to all.

Some background on me before I begin. Im currently deployed in Kuwait right now, this will be my 2nd and final deployment before I retire out of the military. The purpose of this post is a little rundown of parts that I am gathering for an "uber D" build. It will be a DD and will be using FI.

The list is as follows. Correct me if I am wrong and please input anything that will work better.

Bottom End:
-D16a6
-Notched for rods
-Hot tanked
-Bored and honed .20 over
-Micro polished crank (d16a6)
-75.5mm Vitaras
-FJT "Vitara" I Beam Connecting Rods
-Arp Hardware
-New Water pump
-New Oil pump
-Shimmed/Ported
-ARP Headstuds (Unsure as to which ones to purchase, y8 for the head or a6 for the block?)

Top End:
-D16y8 Head
-Silicon-bronze valve guides
-mild port and polish
-Ti retainers
-zex 105300 cam
-accompaning zex springs
-D16y8 IM
-Port matched to the head
-B series TB (Unsure if that will even work, ive seen mixed answers.)

The FI setup will be a greddy 19t kit w/greddy FMIC that has been on the car for a few years now, It will stay on the car until I do more research on what would suit my goals, then its on to bigger and better things. Perhaps a topmount setup.

Thanks for looking, and any help would be much appriciated.

Hell, you dont even have to answer, just throw up a link to some threads that have covered a a6 block/y8 head combo...that would be just dandy.

-SGT Luke Swygart

*IMO* I would not do so much just to turbo. I dont thing Y8 Head, cam, Portpolish is really necessary to boost a motor. Specialy in the HP ratings you want. But thats my opinion. Not trying to be an ass. Sound good tho.

Good luck out there man.:td:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
i dont think hes looking just to boost it... i think hes looking to build some serious power by the price...er.. sound of that list he has

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the imput guys.

I hope to post more on here in the future, once the build gets started. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions about assembly and whatnot.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts