Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: M6 1.0 is the threading

First post, I need to know the thread pitch of the radiator fan screws. The ones used to mount the fan shroud to the radiator itself. I have a ebay Honda Del Sol all aluminum radiator being installed in a Geo Metro. I've searched quite a bit and decided to make an account to ask.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
You literally could have brought a screw to home depot or a hardware store and figured it out.

They are 10MM bolt heads, thread pitch along the shank is M6x1.0, like the other 50% of the fasteners found on a Honda.

That's really all you made an account for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You literally could have brought a screw to home depot or a hardware store and figured it out.

They are 10MM bolt heads, thread pitch along the shank is M6x1.0, like the other 50% of the fasteners found on a Honda.

That's really all you made an account for?
Thanks that the info I needed. I don't have a bolt, only the radiator, I could of brought the radiator into home depot...

Yep account made for that question... Couldn't find it searching on google

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
I'm still not sure why the rad cap unscrews clockwise (left hand thread) on these? Is yours the same way?

Ive chocked the reason mine is up to:
  1. Idiots/9 year olds designing the fill neck
  2. A last ditch attempt to prevent idiots from unscrewing the cap when cooling system is hot, making them think before doing it? Kind of like hondas mechanism to lock the driver door was a last ditch attempt to make to perform 2 actions (pull open handle THEN allow the lock mechanism to lock) before making it possible to lock your keys in the car?
Curious haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like they changed that design, mine unscrews counter clockwise. It's notched so you have to push down like a pill bottle to open it all the way. The cap that came with mine is very tight fitting, I thought it was stuck on there.

Got the screws, perfect fit.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,992 Posts
Looks like they changed that design, mine unscrews counter clockwise. It's notched so you have to push down like a pill bottle to open it all the way. The cap that came with mine is very tight fitting, I thought it was stuck on there.

Got the screws, perfect fit.

You might as well start a build thread while you are here...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts