Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have been searching for awhile and couldnt find. So im about to convert to OBD1 from OBD2 i have the harness and p06 ecu (running d16y7). Now when i convert i know im running 2 o2 sensors what o2 sensor do i remove because im going to only be running one sensor now. Next question is im also going to be running a AEM UGEO wide band can i use the sensor as my main sensor to run the meter and send to ecu or do i need an extra bung on the downpipe?

Thanks ahead of time...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You will not need the o2 sensor behind the cat. No you can not use this sensor with the aem wide band. The sensor you will pull is a 4 wire the aem use a 5 or 6 I cant remember. But thy are completely different. I would not use the bunk behind the cat with your aem if your cat still has cat material left in it, it will give you a false reading. It is best to put the aem in front of the cat with a new bung if you want to run the aem at all times.

Or when you tune disable the o2 in the tuning software and but the aem in the original o2 bung. Then when you are done take the aem out and put in the 4 wire original o2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx fuse for the response... just getting the last questions asked before the Peak Performance Turbo kit is installed. So on the downpipe off the turbo just put the o2 sensor that was in the cat in the downpipe and scrap the one that was behind the cat. I am just getting the second bung in the downpipe so i can run the wideband while driving. Is that a good thing or just run the wideband only in tuning? Write-up on the turbo install is comming soon and will be a very detailed write up from the y-8 im install to the whole turbo install and tuning on a sc300... thx

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
thx fuse for the response... just getting the last questions asked before the Peak Performance Turbo kit is installed. So on the downpipe off the turbo just put the o2 sensor that was in the cat in the downpipe and scrap the one that was behind the cat. I am just getting the second bung in the downpipe so i can run the wideband while driving. Is that a good thing or just run the wideband only in tuning? Write-up on the turbo install is comming soon and will be a very detailed write up from the y-8 im install to the whole turbo install and tuning on a sc300... thx
Running a wide band the entire time is fine. Yes you do not need the one behind the cat anymore.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
this guy had the exact same question that I did... haha... great timing man

yay for google... didin't find this searching on here :D

I was pretty sure I only needed one O2 sensor and one for the wideband... but I don't like "pretty sure"'s very much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts