Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate being a noob but I gotta start somewhere. Glad to be here not sure if this the right forum to do an intro though. I've got a 97 cx and im just now starting to get the mod bug.

I noticed a thread on the new NSX. My buddy is designing the brakes for it at the Marrysville facility. I just talked to him last night and he informed Honda is going to start crushing all the test mules next week. I asked him for a piece off the car before it goes under. Maybe I can get some info out of him on the new civic.

Anyway hello and im looking for guidance on messing with this d16y7.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
^attempted post whore?

Best things to do swap both manifolds over to a Y8 for a little more pep. You can get a Y8 head if you want to get a little deeper into it.

Also the trans is the best place to start, a good Y8/Z6 trans will have better gearing.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Im with beer, not like that, I mean his post, shyt, I am done.

Seriously the y8 mani's remove some of the faults in the y7 breathing apparatuses. If you want stay not tec, do your home work you can boost pretty reliably too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys that's the kind of info. i'm looking for. The car has a mystery miss I cannot find. Once that's figured out I will start modding the car.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
A mystery miss? You get a cel?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,454 Posts
not needed, you can post in here and get the same amount of info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts