Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Emily. From Alabama. I've been in the HOnda game for about 3 years now.

I have a 1995 EJ1 (Honda Civic Ex Coupe) with the stock d16z6. It was ragged out to hell and back before I got it. Reverse grinds unless you go into first gear before reverse, the A/C compressor is going out (I pray it lasts me through the next month), the sun roof has a giant spider-web crack and scrapes the roof if you don't hold it up when closing it, it needs a trunk, both bumpers, both fenders, a nice paint job, and new weather stripping around the doors (when it rains outisde, it rains inside the doors). Interior is an 8/10 (surprisingly). She runs like a champ and her name is Raggedy Anne.

I got her back in April and she was in dire need of a tune up. She was spittin and sputterin under 2500 RPM and wouldn't make it anywhere if the A/C was on. she had those nasty aftermarket taillights, and a terrible, horrble, no good aircraft wing. However, now that problem is fixed and she takes me 90 miles/day round trip. She had 192k when I got her, now at 208k.

I am about to do a quick-fix swap, so I can rebuild the z6 and keep her stock.
I am also considering building a b7/z6 with a turbo set up, but am still in research mode. (Most likely for an EF Sedan)

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to add links to the album I have on here, but it keeps telling me I don't have enough posts (when I am fairly sure, at this point, that I do)

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Welcome to the party. You can post pics on postimage.org, copy forum link and post a couple that way.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,380 Posts
already gave you advice, just a heads up, do not do the b7/z6. z6 is where you want to be if youre going to build. or a6 if you don't want the vtaks

took the liberty to help with pics

edit this pic op. its not like the others

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I am still working the kinks out of everything. I preciate the welcomes!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Looks like you could use new lights all around, and a rice-wing delete. Other than that it looks like a pretty nice car.

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like you could use new lights all around, and a rice-wing delete. Other than that it looks like a pretty nice car.
Rice wing has been deleted!!! :willy_nilly:
LOL
I just got a new head light today in the mail and the first thing my husband says when I take it out of the box is, "may as well order another"
haha. So yes, the front ones are being replaced as well.

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to DSO.

Are those fittapaldi wheels??

Yes, they are. They are off of my husband's 98' Civic, but had to be shaved in the middle to make them fit. Sadly, (after buying brand new tires for them) we found out one of them is bent. So we are going this weekend to grab some steelies until I can get a hold of a set of LS 15's. (I want a thicker tire, not for low-pro). As some people around here I am going, "monster truck" because I don't plan on slamming my car. (if you saw my driveway/street, you would understand why)

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to DSO.

Are those fittapaldi wheels??
I read it wrong. No, they are off of a miata, I am told they're called (enkeis?) but I don't think that's what they're officially called because I can't seem to find them. But they are off of a miata

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like a project all together, should teach you alot about any kind of car work though.

Where the pics at?
Here is one from today!

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm talking about the wheels in the pic with the ginormous wing.
Oh gosh, I don't know. I got rid of them shortly after. They rode like crap. lol I want to put LS 15's on it.

**update**
I put my new headlight on today and took the broken lip off. I feel like Raggedy Anne won't be Raggedy much longer and I'll have to stick with Anne ;) :fingersx:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts