Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo...I'm a noob to Hondas, but luckily not to cars. However, I have a lot to research/learn for this Honda.

I just sold off my 64' Falcon Prostreet Project and scooped up a little 89 civic hatch to mess with. I'm currently trying to plan out which direction I will go with the car which is already a ton of research in itself. Luckily, I don't mind it.

Anyways, see you all around the forums.

64 Falcon I sold:

89 Hatch I picked up:

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Would love to see more of the falcon, looks like bit of a strip whore.

Those 89 hatches are sweet for a lot of reasons, weight, looks(IMO), and so many have been destroyed a good clean one like that will be a great base to become anointed with.

Welcome to Honda's man, and DSO, have fun.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Fuckin clean hatch.. thats a fresh canvas for a nice build..

Pick a power ggoal and built towards it. Good luck

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for taking the time to say hey. Glad you like the Hatch. It was pretty clean from what I could tell. It has 2 small rust spots near the rear qtr, but that should fix up easy. Other than that it just has some dings and dents here and there. I figure one of the painless dent repair guys could get them out with not much hassle.

As far as my car goes, I am currently debating with myself if I should try to stuff a H2D/H2B in it, or build a Turbo-D. I am leaning more in favor of the Turbo-D at the moment, which is why I am here. If I do go turbo-D I would like to achieve 350-375whp on 93 pump. No water/meth If i can get away it.

Here are a few more pics of the hatch, everything you see is how I bought it.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
A turbo A6 build would suite you. An H in there would be the bizzness though, those have made some serious numbers in hatches running SFWD.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A turbo A6 build would suite you. An H in there would be the bizzness though, those have made some serious numbers in hatches running SFWD.
Yeah but getting the H2B/D to fit in this thing I hear is a giant pain. I mean I am no stranger to cutting and fabing it to get it to fit but I'm just not sure I want to deal with it. Even when you do get it to fit, hood clearance and frame rail clearance are a b*tch from what I've read.

I am currently thinking about doing some craziness with a D-series though. I just got to find out some more info on main bearing sizes and some other stuff. I'll probably post a thread in the other section about it so people can think I am crazy :p

Oh, here is a few more of the falcon for whomever was interested. it had 31x18.5x15 Mickys, 4 link rear with coils, Ford 9 with 3.83 gears, C4 3 speed auto, and a 302 roller up front.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
I vote for turbo d, no bashing in the frame or cutting to get anything to fit and much easier to work on. Nice hatch to

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Diggin' the Falcon ... and the hatch. Other than your horsepower goals what are the plans for the hatch? Primarily interested in what kind of racing ... judging from the Falcon can I safely assume moar drag racing in the hatch?

Your horsepower goals are totally attainable on a turbo D. Welcome to DSO ... come for the info ... stay for the BBQs.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Other than your horsepower goals what are the plans for the hatch? Primarily interested in what kind of racing ... judging from the Falcon can I safely assume moar drag racing in the hatch?

Your horsepower goals are totally attainable on a turbo D. Welcome to DSO ... come for the info ... stay for the BBQs.
Good to hear about the horsepower goals being obtainable. That is always good news when someone doesn't come in and say "dream on"! haha

As far as the car goes, I just plan to make it a nice little fun car, nothing too crazy. I want it to be something I can zip around on the weekends, but also take to a track day event or even the 1/8th mile drag strip for shits and giggles. I figure with the car sitting around 2000lbs and 350-375hp, it should be pretty quick. Assuming I can figure out a setup that favors a snappy response.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts