Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas-

I recently picked up a B2 for 60 bucks. Over the winter I really want to build this thing a bit. I have never cracked an engine before, but do all my own mechanical work on my vehicles.

The only thing I've ever done to "modify" a car was going MPFI.

I'd like to totally tear this thing apart and learn a thing or two. I want to replace all the seals...timing belt, water, pump...blah blah blah....basically rebuild the entire motor. I want a reliable, bit more peppier...DD

Now here are where the questions start. I think I'm going to attempt to just go for higher compression...I don't want to deal with boost. I've done some searching and came across P29 Pistons. Are there going to be able to be installed and good to go or am I going to have problems? Are these ideally my best bet to go with? Or is there something better?

I also want to install, at least, and a6 cam. Depending on the money situation I might get bisi.

I know there about a hundred posts on this all over. I've searched and haven't found a good enough answer.

Also...I'm not looking to spend a million dollar...just a nice budget build for a first time builder.

I know I should start with at least an a6..blah blah blah...I don't want to use anything other than this cheap b2 based on the fact that it is my first build and this will mainly be about learning, and in the end, hopefully having a decent, reliable, DD.

Open for any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance guys,

·
Registered
173 Posts
aww come on dont be affraid of boost..its just as reliable if you do it right... also the only suggestion i have is take ur time and use clevite bearings and perfect circle ring they are the best.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts