Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a zc block but i don't think i got the zc tranny I am driving a 95 civic coupe dx how do i tell what tranny i got and what ones good my engine. 1st gear lags into second and i don't have limited slip. I heard the zc has lsd so im pretty sure its not the zc tranny. My friends got a si tranny and im wondering if that will go on the zc block or what do i need to do to make it work.

·
Registered
91 snatch
24 Posts
not all zc trans has lsd. only some, you have to either look in the housing to see it, or install it and do multiple burnouts to find out. look at the housing for a code, do some research (im not 100% on the code) and find the code on it. that'll tell you what you have. to answer your si tranny question, it absolutely should, i see no reason as why it wont. only thing other thing to keep in mind are axles and spindles. i have a zc trans in my 91 hatch. got it all in and discovered i didnt have the intermediate shaft, then i found out the teg axles didnt work in my spindles, so i had to get teg spindles. spindles and axles, they'll bite ya in the ass if you dont think about them.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
You probably have a dx tranny. If you are suggesting replacing your tranny and looking for one that will work.

The Si will work but not sure if it will bolt up (mounts) the same.
ZC tranny is hard to find, so good luck.

So, use what you can find.

·
Registered
^^^^
2,129 Posts
not all zc trans has lsd. only some, you have to either look in the housing to see it, or install it and do multiple burnouts to find out.
LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts