Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new here my name is alex im from the midwest. i currently own a 2000 honda accord se with a 2.3L ULEV engine. the car is completely stock. parents made me buy it, but im proud to be driving a honda.

--on the side note i had a potentionally nooby question. since i have the ulev engine im guessing it has some weird sensors? since its all about the low emmisions. if i was to put on a cold air intake and a header would it mess up any sensor? or severly damage my engine? is putting a header in and a intake a wise idea? better gas mileage? sorry for so many questions. i guess i really am a noobie.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Some aftermarket parts come with holes to connect your Sensors.

I think it depends on Brand name you get.

I put a Cheap ebay Header on my Civic, but because it's a Lx (Dx) engine, I have my Check Engine light on. I just gotta do some minor adjustments so my light goes away.

Gas Mileage might decrease a bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm. well i guess ill just have to find out the hard way. so what about a cold air intake? i read that the maf sensors are in the intake manifold so throwing a stainless steel pipe and a filter down behind the front bumper wouldn't affect a sensor? i really don't want to spend a wad of cash just to see if it'll work. so thats why im trying to make sure on here first. thanks for you input, appreciated.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
Don't know much about Accords. Do you mean MAP Sensor?

The only thing I would worry about is if that Intake you want to get comes with their proper sensor holes.

It won't effect your Sensors. Not connecting your Sensors properly will make your Check Engine light come on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh i get it now. so i need to buy an intake and header with sensor holes so i can properly attach the sensors back into the holes and everything will run properly?

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
no such thing as a stock 2000 accord v-6 with a stick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts