Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finally decided to join after lurking around for a while and looking for information here and there. I am from Anniston, Alabama and have a 93 civic dx with the d16z6 in it. I acquired the car from my brother that had a ls swap with a 18g turbo on it after he blew it up on 15psi . Needless to say he wasn't thrilled that his old car now would have a SOHC in it lol. The z6 was rebuilt with srp PM6 9.5:1 pistons, eagle h beam rods, golden eagle head studs, supertech blockguard, comp cams valve springs with new valves, brian crower springs and retainers. I am stuck on a dilemma on which cam to run and if I want to use a aftermarket intake manifold or not. Also Of course has all new bearings, water pump, timing set, gaskets, seals etc. Has intake, header and full exhaust ,coilovers and rota rb 4x100 +25 offset wheels. Car is a little peppy for being a sohc with the mods and the s20 or p20 b000 transmission which ever you go by. Ill try to post a pic of it sometime tomorrow when im not at work. Plan is to make 250-300whp later from a turbo setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Plenty of info on cams and intake manifolds here among other things, I'm sure you'll find what your looking for.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Sounds like a soild setup. Colt cams has great customer service and stand behind a great warranty as well. The one cam I wouldn't run is a Bisimoto, other than that most the others are pretty decent.

You can always start a showcase thread if you want to show progress on the car with some pics of the work and parts being installed.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Welcome, in for moar pics or showcase.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the work is already done and car is running sorry didn't take any build pics...ill post some pics sometime this week of the way I got the car and what it is now...Lets just say this is a hardcore weight reduction car , my brother decided just about everything needed to come out lol

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Car looks pretty clean and the single jingle in it can handle some boost if you wanted to go that route..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Goal is going to be 250-300whp on the setup in the car. I have already started accumulating other parts that will be needed for this .

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it needs to be redone but yes I love that color and it will go back to that color

1 - 11 of 11 Posts