Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 98 coupe with a d16y8 and just decided to boost. I have a parts list made up and am just wondering if im missing anything or should change anything up.

Walboro 255
dsm 440s
fuel pressure regulator
P28 with a base tune
noname turbo mani & downpipes
boost & air fuel ratio gauge
Hks seqq bov
Dsm 16g turbo
skunk 2 intake mani
Ls throttle body
ebay hard piping kit
srt4 intercooler
Exedy Stg 2 clutch
New engine gasket set
+ .40 over vitara low comp pistons
arp rod bolts
arp head studs
new bearing kit
Ebay adj cam gear
And crower has a stage 2 turbo vtec cam

If im missing anything or should swap parts for something else PLEASEEE let me know and thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
723 Posts
adds displacement- faster spool time/ fresh hone/ bore. de-shrouds the valves better . draw back more prone to detonation. weaker dsleeves in theory

--- I would get rid of the air fuel gauge and get a real wideband with gauge. pressure regulator isnt needed unless your maxing out the injectors and you compensate by upping pressure a bit. no name mani? (get a cast iron if so). crower T-2 eh too much lift IMO its more of a top end built drag purpose only cam. i would look into a delta 272 or bisi 2.4 better. i would get a real cam gear if you plan to use one and that also isnt really needed unless you milled your head too much

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have no head work done, is that going to be a problem..have an estimate on what power that would put down?

·
Registered
723 Posts
stock head is good for 400hp // fuel rail// IM . for a stage 2 cam its suggested and recommended you at least get upgraded valve springs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks for the input and ill look not the different cams and turbo mani, is there anything else im missing besides oils lines and stuff like that?

·
Registered
967 Posts
If you have to ask what your missing, than your not ready to tackle such a task as building a turbo engine. Knowing absolutely what your doing is critical in a successful turbo build. Because with most parts you only get one shot at it befor you have to repurchase the same part.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reason im asking is to learn. I wont lean everything I need to know by looking at forums so im going to take everyones advice and then learn by doing.

And i was hoping to get away with stock rods

·
Registered
361 Posts
d series rods are super weak. i'm not a 100% but i think they are good to maybe 200hp.

with 440cc injectors maybe 280hp on a ify tune if your turbo can throw down

i think the 16g max's out around 330 or something

oh and grab a B20 tb if you can there 60mm fuck the skunk2 just match port your stock intake save some money and have one less part some stupid fuck wants to steal

·
Registered
723 Posts
Walboro 255
dsm 440s
fuel pressure regulator
P28 with a base tune
noname turbo mani & downpipes
boost & air fuel ratio gauge
Hks seqq bov
Dsm 16g turbo
skunk 2 intake mani
Ls throttle body
ebay hard piping kit
srt4 intercooler
Exedy Stg 2 clutch
New engine gasket set
+ .40 over vitara low comp pistons
arp rod bolts
arp head studs
new bearing kit
Ebay adj cam gear
And crower has a stage 2 turbo vtec cam

If im missing anything or should swap parts for something else PLEASEEE let me know and thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
If your going to do a rebuild and take everything aparts I would suggest pistons and rods. Better safe then sorry and that way if you ever want more you don't have to worry about the bottom end strength giving out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I guess ill throw a set of rods in with my build:)

Does this forum site have a market place? Sorry guys im super new here

·
Registered
226 Posts
So I guess ill throw a set of rods in with my build:)

Does this forum site have a market place? Sorry guys im super new here
Gotta have 65 posts before they let you in.

·
Registered
125 Posts
We have site sponsors and you could contact almost any one of them for good deals on rods or even rod/piston combo deals. Goautoworks,fjt, and rcautoworks just to name a few of them. All have great feed back and willing to help. I have person experience with Greg at Goautoworks great guy and is always willing to help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts