Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 civic ex sedan
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i swapped in a y7 ( p06 ecu ) into my 92 civic ex sedan. I just got a z6 head... map sensors are in diff places and a few other issues, mainly the power steering pump bracket dont line up and should i use my y7 t.b since the map sensor is on the firewall for the y7 t.b.? the z6 map sensor is on the t.b. so idk which t.b. i should go with. Also, what can I do about the power steering pump bracket? a few pointers from an EXPERIENCED person would be sweeeet. =) Everyone I talk to saying they have done a mini me swap all say the same thing: " yea you are gonna need a y8 head gasket, and i think you gotta change your ecu, blah blah" i already know all of that, and they never tell me anything useful.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
if your car has the map sensor on the fire wall, look around for a tb that has one with the brass nipple or w/e sticking out that has a vacuum line that leeds to it. y7 i believe is a little different. also look for an obd1 B series tb if you cant find a D one, they have the same setup for map sensor.

·
Registered
840 Posts
don't you have to use kind of a hybrid tb with y7 and z6 stuff i believe you can find it just search for mini me swap on google

·
Registered
98 hatch
73 Posts
I had to have the power steering pump bracket machined to extend the slot since top bolt hole was closer to the block. it worked fine after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts