Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone.
im new to this forum. figured i would share my build. i have a 1990 civic. D16a6 block with a z6 head.
block
-Arias piston
-eagle rods
-acl race bearing
motor is bored to 75.5

si tranny with m factory lsd
act cluth(hc6-xtg6) with a streetlight flywheel.

head is stock for now. still thinking about that. been trying to search to see if building the head will help me that much. ive been thinking about the delta 272-2 cam for it
and im thinking about changing my turbo because its an ebay t3/t4. got it befor being on and forum. thats all i can think of so far off the top of my head.
guess ill say my goal for the car. i would like to be in the 300 to 350 hp range.
let me know what you think
thankd brett

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
:worthless:

Ha ha ha. This is my 666th post. It's my demon post:devil2:

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Noob, but build sounds like you're on the right track! Hey, everyone is a noob at one point or another...just depends what you do from here on out that defines you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks. i know there is some more things i need. and i pulled the oil restrictor out when i had the motor together before. i had a stock block last year turbo'd. well i played around before i got it tuned and cracked the ringland. haha. so do you guys think the delta 272-2 would help me. dont really want to go with bisi because ive seen people have been having trouble with him. hell i even can across the tread where the guy got a cam in two peices.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks everyone. im trying to do it rite. im getting tired of pulling motors. i used to do it for my friend. he had a turbo'd teg back in the day. after we build his motor we put down about 300whp. had to stop there because he had 450's.

cam gear.png
clutch.png
flywheel.png

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
i prefer stock flywheel. before i bought my crx i went to go see one that had a well built all motor setup, but the rest of the car was half @$$ed and riced out so i didnt buy it. it had a lightweight flywheel that made it annoying to drive, mainly from a stop.

the engine was too responsive. it was hard to not over rev it when leaving a light or stop sign. than when you went easy on the gas ( not to over rev ) it was barely enough throttle to get the car to start rolling.

just getting the lightest flywheel you can get isnt the best move.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts