Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have seen some post about swapping vtec into a non vtec Honda Civic
I have a 98 Honda Civic ex that I bought for $620
Is it possible that I can buy a vtec head that will fit my d16y8 what else would I need my budget is 3-4 hundred dollars

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,939 Posts
so, how much effort have you put into this?

since, ya know, y8 came vtec from the get go......

·
Registered
201 Posts
so, how much effort have you put into this?

since, ya know, y8 came vtec from the get go......
Is it possible that I can buy a vtec head that will fit my d16y8 what else would I need my budget is 3-4 hundred dollars
It is absolutely possible to put a vtec head on the y8, it's actually a really good swap. I think Honda may have already tried this though....

·
Registered
971 Posts
I wouldn't waste my time putting one on a y8 just go to the local junkyard and pull the head off of any K- series they make a ton more power stock and slap it on the D16 block then report back to us after reading about your current engine.

:bash::devil::trysearch::shoot::asshole:

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Pop your hood and look at what is written on the valve cover.

Then go ahead and simply perform some much needed maintenance to get more out of the car.

Most of the cheap vtec cars are usually beaten to death, so a fresh valve lash adjustment and a good cleaning of all grounding points can sometimes make a huge difference for very little money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts