Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you will have to mod the mounting lobes for it to work but yes it will work.
no.
A D15b7 dizzy fits on a D16y8 head perfect. But it won't bolt up properly to a D16z6 head. It will work, but you will need to micky mouse that shit to bolt up. Ghetto fabulous Son! You know me :biggrin:
i guess the question is if vtec actually wrks or if its affected by a non vtec dizzy ? i already bolted it on, im using it , been using it lol

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Ikonator has alot of question that he himself needs to answer. His car has zc non vtec block. The builder might not known to take out the oil jet, it might still be there. Second, his P06 he bought is not converted to vtec, eventhough his vtec wires are already reg up for vtec "YO" to ecu.

Oil jet is a question mark? Ecu can be fixed. He is running a b7 dizzy all reg up for the z6 head. Another problem I found was the inner timing cover and outer timing cover was not installed, so its hard to find 16degrees. I just kinda listen where she wants to idle and cross fingers.

O! his turbo is his vtec.:)

·
Registered
civic lol
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vtec will work just fine. the b7 and z6 dizzy is the exact same INTERNALLY, but the housing is different.

VTEC will work fine.
thank you

Ikonator has alot of question that he himself needs to answer. His car has zc non vtec block. The builder might not known to take out the oil jet, it might still be there. Second, his P06 he bought is not converted to vtec, eventhough his vtec wires are already reg up for vtec "YO" to ecu.

Oil jet is a question mark? Ecu can be fixed. He is running a b7 dizzy all reg up for the z6 head. Another problem I found was the inner timing cover and outer timing cover was not installed, so its hard to find 16degrees. I just kinda listen where she wants to idle and cross fingers.

O! his turbo is his vtec.:)
so the question really is now if the oil jet(most likely still in my block) will affect vtec in any way?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts