Honda D Series Forum banner

Non Starting

1K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  ADSmith 
#1 ·
Hi all

I have completed a mini me conversion with D15B head and D16A7 bottom end.Everything is together but when trying to start it,it just swings like it wants to start but it doesnt.

Tested for spark and everything is good but just doesnt want to take.

Awaiting your speedy response.

#2 ·
Try advancing the ignition timing --take the dizzy bolts out and rotate the dizzy toward the firewall to just the point where the bolt wouldn't go back in-
Once it starts and runs-move the dizzy back to the normal spot and try again.

I can't explain why-but it worked for me.

#3 ·
check your timing, make sure your plugs are in the right order, make sure your getting fuel, what kind of an ecu are you running.

Just some questions to get you moving in the right direction as to what the problem is. I just put my b7 back in my car and couldnt get it to start, turns out i was using the plug diagram from the 8 valve motor and mine is the 16. I felt like a dumbass but hey it runs perfect now.

#8 ·
avancing time work for me tooo does just make cranking noise but wont start if it does play with the dizzy turn it the little nipple in front

#14 ·
did you check all your grounds? like the one on the t-stat.
did you check the cam timing already?
did you check for fuel?
did you check your injector plugs for correct order?
what is the condition of the plugs you have?

try cycling the engine a couple of times with the plugs out and the injector plugs off. you could have flooded the engine while trying to start it. i would suggest clearing the engine like this every three or four times you try to start it to no avail.

whenever i am working on a honda that has problems starting. it is usually the cam timing and wet plugs (from trying to start it). imho, re-time the cam and crank. clear the cc as i said above. then re-do the plug wires and injector clips.

#15 · (Edited)
did you check all your grounds? like the one on the t-stat. Done that
did you check the cam timing already? its fully advanced
did you check for fuel? fuel pump goes on and pumps fuel
did you check your injector plugs for correct order? double checked that too
what is the condition of the plugs you have? they are used but will change new ones

try cycling the engine a couple of times with the plugs out and the injector plugs off. you could have flooded the engine while trying to start it. i would suggest clearing the engine like this every three or four times you try to start it to no avail.

whenever i am working on a honda that has problems starting. it is usually the cam timing and wet plugs (from trying to start it). imho, re-time the cam and crank. clear the cc as i said above. then re-do the plug wires and injector clips.

Thanks for the help,will keep you posted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.