Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll post pics tommorrow of my 3.5 hour nightmare.....previous owner had a towbar fitted to my honda that wa giving me shit with clearance. So yesterday morning I reckon, SCREW it.......this bugger is coming off.......It was big ugly and heavy.............

I had three big 10mm bolts under the spare wheel well. SO I take these out....not too much of a problem, yank a bit, no go, damn bar won't come loose. Look again and there's a bar going behind the back bumper. ok........back bumper is gonna have to come off..............slight problem, suspension has been dropped and I can't get to the screws....

In order to take off the rear bumper, I had to take off the rear wheels one at a time, cause my 2 tonne jack is shot and I had to use the crappy OEM one that came with the car. Two screws just under the rear bumper, 5 screws under the rear decklid and two bolts under the car.........bumper's off.

4 BIG assed bolts were there. Took them off and disconnected teh wires and cut them off one by one, don't do the whole lot cause you can short the lot and it's replacing fuses time.

Tape up and then put the whole lot back. I had the added bonus of the previous owner shoving 4 extra screw into the top of the bumper instead of replacing the broken holding plates on the car.........would have been done faster if it wasn't for that shit.

Overall, ground clearence has gone from 10cm to about 30cm.....
weight saving..........17.5 kg's..........

not bad when you look at one of my 17" with a tyre is 22kg's........

Pics to follow tommorrow

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah..............I was thinking of cutting it, but it's 8mm flat bar..............would have probably fucked up the rear bumper at the time..........

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the best part is.................I can feel the weight difference........and my ass doesn't rub that much...........cars ass........no comments

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah i had a beater bmw with a stock tow hook once and i tried to cut it off with a high speed cutter and i got half way through it and i guess i work hardend the metal and i ended up just leaving it along because i scrapped the euro pos never again will i buy european crap

B

·
0 Posts
17kgs= 37.4lbs. Nice, only now you can't tow your VW when it dies (you know it will)

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bspeed said:
flat what is up with that avitar?
This one???<<<<<<<

Screaming guy from rocky horror picture show. I got told by Sqad that my previous one was R-rated.......some woman with what I thought was ice cream in her mouth.............hehehehe........ ;-)

My bad.......Today it changes back to flat eric

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
bspeed said:
17kgs= 37.4lbs. Nice, only now you can't tow your VW when it dies (you know it will)
you cant tow you car with a tow hitch anyways, i think you mean towbar which is attached to the front of the car.:beer:

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NastyHabitzCRX said:
you cant tow you car with a tow hitch anyways, i think you mean towbar which is attached to the front of the car.:beer:
I have an a-frame actually, I tow the bus to shows.........now it has it's own engine, so it doens't have to bum off the honda.lol.

·
Registered
675 Posts
NastyHabitzCRX said:
i think they call that a wench ;-) and from the pics you can tail it was a trailer hitch.

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gawd, this is nothing..........you should see the shit some guys drag behind their civic.

I know the previous guy used to lug around a Yamaha Raptor behind my civic in a trailer.......still, it's gone.........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts