Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Yes. It is not for long-term driving, though. For intial startups, this is generally better as there is less chance of the detergent stuff stripping away your cam and bearing lubes too quickly, or possibly foaming. It should also be cheap, since you are only going to get a few heat cycles out of it, if that, before you drain it and use something else.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I used a similar oil for mine. I had maybe only 15 miles on it before I changed it out. I got a brand 'accel' at walpoop. Also was a little skeptical about it saying not for 'modern' vehicles. But after researching, it seemed good becuase like ^^ said, its not in there for very long. Make sure you prime the oil pump before you actually fire it up!

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
I used a similar oil for mine. I had maybe only 15 miles on it before I changed it out. I got a brand 'accel' at walpoop. Also was a little skeptical about it saying not for 'modern' vehicles. But after researching, it seemed good becuase like ^^ said, its not in there for very long. Make sure you prime the oil pump before you actually fire it up!
how exactly do you do that on a honda?

I ran my build on this stuff for a couple miles and then changed it. I heard rushi cuts his with ATF fluid to get a really shitty oil.

·
Registered
96 ex coupe
58 Posts
pull plugs & pull fuel pump fuse out, and do like 5 second hits on the starter with 5-10 second breaks in-between so u dont burn up the starter. check you oil pressure gauge, once you start building pressure you should be good to go. Also once oil hits everything internally, you'll hear everything spin much easier & faster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts