Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure on the Tranny Code but the engines d16z6.

Anyway the gearbox is abit noisey just before putting it in gear theres a whine that comes from the box this happens in all gears.

Also in 1st and 2nd the box are noisey until like 3k.

Theres no crunching though in any of the gears.

A a high peak squeak when i depress the clutch when cold, which im lead to believe is the clutch release bearing.

So whats the verdict need a new tranny?

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
i hate it when trannies have noisy boxes.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
lol In the UK we call Tranny's box's.........

I've got a d15b2 hydro box (s80?) i know it'll fit, but will it be the wrong gear ratio's for the z6?

Or new input shaft bearing?

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
it's all good, now get that tranny to quiet down.....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
make sure it's full of oil. Honda MTF, GM Syncromesh, and finally 5W30. Those are the preferances in order.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Theres no way of checking the oil tho is there? without dropping the current oil. How many litres does the box hold?

I'll use honda MTF, know where to get it cheap.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Just pull the fill plug with the car on a level surface. Hell if you've never changed it do that first. Your box holds 1.9 US quarts new, 1.8 at oil change.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i changed the oil today and no luck, still makes "the noise".

What do we think then Input shaft bearing?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
how old is ur clutch? that happened to my friends integra before and his blew out from under him going down the road... be careful

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
does it slip when u give it gas going up a hill? do u rag on it a bunch?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It doesnt slip, my old civic used to squeak as well and my bro's DC2 clutch squeaks as well common problem i believe. But it does get abit of abuse.

And yes i do have gearbox problems well done you can read........ what you want a medal?

Spoke to my mate at honda and he said it will be the input shaft bearing so replace the bearing or pick up a second hand box?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I`ve got exact same problems!! ISB is fooked!:cussing: , spend a bit of ca$h and get a decent tranny cos blatantly it is a common problem and might occur again in a second hand tranny or just replace the ISB a little cheaper and easier...but a good tranny can help give some power back as yours sounds like it is generally fooked all round and the ISB could be the tip of the iceberg!

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
It doesnt slip, my old civic used to squeak as well and my bro's DC2 clutch squeaks as well common problem i believe. But it does get abit of abuse.

And yes i do have gearbox problems well done you can read........ what you want a medal?

Spoke to my mate at honda and he said it will be the input shaft bearing so replace the bearing or pick up a second hand box?
well since you brought it up i do want a fucking medal, medium sized and gold.... cuz i am number 1.......

now get my shit, BITCH..........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts