Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
its has been feeling slower for a while now, shit load of smoke from the breather, idle sounds like a wrx.. heres the pic of my compression test on cyl. 3.. lol it should be near 200 like cyl 1 and 2

time for a rebuild.. good thing i get my work truck from my job in the next few days.. i can just leave my car in the garage and work on it for as long as i want now..

and i know Soch Wrath is gonna see this.. this is why i dont want you using the afc hack when i turbo your car.. even i was running a little rich and retarded my timing, the afc hack still owned my shit.. well 25k+ miles on the hack isnt bad..

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats my plan.. now that i get my work truck soon i can get my 5 speed swap done, then do the obd1 conversion and run crome.. i have a chiped po6 right next to me.. cant use it untill i do both those things first..

i was expecting this to happen so im not pissed about it..

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
it held up pretty good for 11 psi on the hack. Shit, I thought your tranny would take a dump before the motor LOL

Get something better next time so it will last longer. :TU:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yep looks like my friend is giving me a ride home tonight.. you know him as whitey4g.. lol the motor has a slight knock now under load only. its a very quiet knock but its there.. its gonna sit in the garage now untill its fixed.

um anyone who knows about motors please look at my post in the engine build section.. (thanks)

got my dads car to drive around in for the next few days untill i get my work truck this week..

and yes its like 118-120 psi..

·
Registered
602 Posts
Honestly... people who trump on and on about uberdata and the other backyard programs really should stop. Fact of the matter is, I spent all last summer with my car sitting in the garage not moving because I ran into so many problems with these EMS's. If someone has the money to do hondata and can do it, then by all means they should. Most good shops with dyno's don't tune backyard programs. Most reputable tuners don't work with them either. Backyard programs don't have tech support or customer service... by all means if you have the money and want the best tuning in that price range...go hondata. Not that homemade programs don't work ( I use turboedit) but if I had the money I'd get hondata and have it dynoed tuned by an experienced professional. Not all areas have amtaeurs who are very good at uberdata type programs, and not every one has the skilles to tune it themselves as well as a professional tuner using an established program could on the dyno. I wouldn't necessarily think of it as a waste of money.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts