Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to adjust tps, noticed its been messed with before. bolts weren't snug. so, took throttle body off, cleaned it, checked tps, put it back together, and tested for voltage. I have 5v from white and green. when plugged in to tps and measuring off red/blue and green, nothing. adjust tps and still no voltage. cooked ecu? broken tps?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Bad TPS, I had the exact same thing happen about a year ago, I got one of the $8 specials off ebay or amazon and put on, tested the sweep, and adjusted it, it has been fine ever sense.

·
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, cant exactly do the ebay route since I needs me car lol. well, actually, I could bolt it all back up and run it as is right? Im thinking of hitting the junkyard tomorrow and pocketing a few...

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

·
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have 43$, but I do have 2$ and a few hrs to kill, so Im heading to the junkyard to grab 2.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The other possibility is that your sensor wire is grounded somewhere, but I think bad TPS is far more likely.

·
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got lucky and found a civic with a new tps sensor and allen head bolts. no gaskets though, so hopefully I can reuse mine, or rtv it. also got a throttle stop screw. wont be able to do anything about it today, got to run around until 6. hopefully tomorrow I can button it all up

·
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first try, tps was adjusted correctly. code for that is gone. replaced the iat, cleared the codes, and the damn iat code is back.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Check iat wiring might be a broken wire. Look close to the plug where the seal is.

·
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lets hope its something simple. the old one was melted, wonder if it may have shorted internally?

also, still smelling fuel, wonder if it could be the injectors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts