Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so im driving last night and my car just dies out of no where. so i pull to the side and try and try to crank and nothing.
I ended up swapping ecu's and it eventually fired, but not right after i switched. So after i got it running i decided to go inside a resturant for a bit and see what happens.
Come back out and it starts fine so im like ok WTF. I took off from there and no more than a mile later it dies once again. So im beginning to think the ecu(s) are not the problem. i had no tools to check for spark so i dont know. anyone know if this could be an ignitor problem or something else?

TIA,
Bryan

·
Registered
1997 Honda CRV
417 Posts
excuse my noobness here but is your car turbo if so maybe map sensor. Cleaning your tb sometimes does miracles. Still maybe map sensor? IACV? Ground wire connections? Alternator not charging? belts all there?

·
Registered
76 Posts
could be anything from corroded wires. alt not charging, battery cables corroded, maybe at the terminals or at the starter. theres so many things it could be but it sounds like some sort of electrical problem. all your light still work even after the car dies? it almost sounds like you have some high resistance somewhere and while your driving it just hits it right and shuts down... or like said above, if its boosted your map sensor could be a problem. sorry I cant be more useful, stuff like this is hard to figure out when you dont physically have the car. hope that helps though

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no im not boosted quite yet. i was on the way to get more parts for it when this happened heh. but i know everything is good as for the battery, alternator, etc meaning all the connections are tight. and like i said when the car is cold or sitting it will fire and after it gets hot (or warmer) is when it shuts off. i just thought maybe a ignitor or possibly main relay but just wanted some opinions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts