Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i got a new 93 del Sol Si with a (unfortunatly) 92 Acura Integra B18A1 :)P) turbo setup. i have it timed correctly and everything is running right. No CELs or anything. it just wont stay running unless i open the throttle all the way, then it stays real low in rpms. and it's boggy.

any ideas?

the map sensor is super ghetto but still plugged in along with the tps. iacv is plugged in.

is it under the dash with say, the turbo timer? i've never had the opportunity to work with a turbo setup. so this is a first for me.

and yes, i'm selling the b once my d15b is done. Get that dohc outta here!! :bigok:
http://img543.imageshack.us/i/delsol1.png/
http://img52.imageshack.us/i/delsol2.png/

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was doing this. and it obviously has spark if its running. but it is chipped i think. it is run on chrome apparently. and the map sensor is absent. it one of the firewall style map sensors. but there was never a firewall map in the del sol. so there is no available map sensor. so its just run to some weird switch w a vacuum line leading off of it. so i plugged it into a vacuum port for the map sensor on the tb.

no aftermarket cams. just wiesco pistons and eagle rods. and i cant tell if it's running rich. no wideband. :/

·
Registered
118 Posts
Jeez doesnt sound good! get a map sensor in there and then reply. If you truly have no map sensor, and your running boost your gonna run into trouble real fast. Somebody ghetto hacked that shit

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Yeah I'd def start with map sensor. But if at all possible I'd eliminate the chipped ecu, get a stock one, and throw stock injectors in until you can get it sorted out.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
yeah.....dang......more money i gotta sink into this crap storm. it has a real janky map sensor looking setup. i'll swap out the harness. and then get my hands on a map sensor assembly

do any of you guys know the ecu code for a b18a1? this is so freaking depressing.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Probably some kinda PR4.

If it's chipped and you have no idea what maps are on the chip, You neeed to find out. Maybe they put stock injectors back in on a map for larger injectors or something.

Figure out the size of the injectors first, then get some fuel and timing maps that are appropriate for the them and go from there.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a chipped p28 ecu. the ecu wiring is all cut up. i found the electronic boost control...it was wired to the ecu and grounded. but not attached at all to any vacuum lines.
the injectors are 670cc's and i can get a friend of mine to read the map.

theres also wires leading off the ecu and to the ecu that arent connected. :/ so it guess i'll rewire everything.

any advice where i should connect the boost control too?

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Nothing until you get the engine running, but, it should generally go to a solenoid that manipulates the pressure that the wastegate gets.

Dealing with a crappy cut harness is not fun, either. Take everything one step at a time and get the engine running first.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
k update time. i dropped a new si sol harness in and got rid of all the choppiness. should i reattach the resistor box? or just get ahold of some 240 injectors. also i gotta rewire the obd0 dizzy connectors cuz im not buying an adaptor. :S

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i pulled them out and found the thread full of oil. so i wiped em all off. reinstalled them, and started the car....same thing, same problems. so then i pulled the plugs out again and barely any oil....
also mad carbon buildup.

so i'm gonna take my boy mike pozutto's advice (he's on here as well) and replace the chipped ecu, 670cc's, and remove the resistor box. p28 and 240cc's. hopefully it'll diagnose the problem as a tuning issue.

·
Registered
334 Posts
you say that there was a resistor box wired up?

find out if your injectors are high or low impedance. idk if that would cause the problem but i would imagine if they were high impedance and you were running a low impedance pulse threw them it would pretty much cut the duty cycle in half.

someone else can chime in and say if that makes any sense to them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You Have a p28? vtec computer on a ls your problem with the bogging could be that plus its boosted its trying to do something that it cant you should get a p75 ls computer. i put my p28 on a friends ls turbo integra and it bogged at about the same rpm as yours. not saying its forsure just speaking out of experience

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the mechanical timing is spot on, and ignition timing and firing order is ok as well.
the resistor box is off and ima use some stok b7 240cc injectors 2mrw as well as a stock p28 ecu. also getting a tb map to hookup.

and to answer you ecu question...it's chipped. otherwise it should act fine. most honda basemaps are very similar. so 2mrw w the virgin p28 i'll be good to go i hope. if thats it, i'll get someone to redo the chip.

·
Registered
903 Posts
If its a b18b you need to run a p75 ecu not a stock p28. But if the p28 was chipped not to run vtec things are cool. Reflash the ecu and put a stock p75 bin on it. Also make sure the waste gate is set at no boost til you get things sorted out. You cold also poss try a P06 non vtec ecu.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea its a b18a1. it has a flashed p28 so it doesnt run vtec. but the cels wont change anything if i try with a stock one. the wastegate is a tial 38mm, so im not quite sure how to change the wg for no boost.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts