Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car cut out while driving today. Tried bumping it was I was slowing down with no result.
Got towed home.
Checked all plugs, electrical connectors etc and when I crank it, it tries to catch for a split second then just turns over and floods the cylinders. It flooded so bad one time that when I unplugged the injectors maned cranked it, it ran for 2-3 seconds.

I have spark, good fuel pressures and checked the timing marks. All these are ok.

Any ideas? Been on it all day now and it's pissing me off :(

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one under the steering column? It clicks in and out when the fuel pump,primes so I guessed it's ok? Or can it still be faulty?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I had a wire grounding near my ecu because it wasn't secured correctly. Everything lit up but it wouldnt crank. Died as I took a corner pulling into work. Moved my ecu after a tow and it fired up lol.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right, so I swapped the rotor and cap and all was well. Till around 50 miles down the motorway where I give it some, and loose all power again. Exactly like the previous time.
I get towed home and strip everything down to find it all ok.
Some time later after checking all connections etc it tries to fire up a few times, struggles then fires. Clears a bit of smoke (which I assume is unburnt fuel) and runs fine again.

So, what is inside the dizzy that might cause this? Could the igniter be on the way out? I'm dubious to drive too far I case it dies again.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Check the coil. Check the injectors to make sure that one isn't stuck open. It could be the igniter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts