Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My name is will I am new to the honda game. Iv had experience with nissans in the past.
I have a 1996 civic ex(d16y8 vtec). I replaced the head gasket, oil pan gasket, timing belt, water pump, and accessory belts. I now have no spark. My timing is correct. Fuses are good. All plugs are connected. Distributor on correctly. Anyone have any idea of what's going on please text or call me at 405-613-6824. And my crank sensor is good

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Check all of your grounds especially the one on the thermostat housing its the usual suspect because of its location and how easy it is to forget then the main relay would be the next thing I could think of

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Check all of your grounds especially the one on the thermostat housing its the usual suspect because of its location and how easy it is to forget
this^^... then check to see if your getting power to the yellow/black wire at the distributor plug....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright guys thanks for the advice I will check these thing in the morning and post what I found

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My crank sensor has a knick in it can that cause it to not read? I had gotten done putting the motor together, tried to start it. Forgot to bolt the crank sensor back in place and it got knicked by the teeth on the crank. So I bolted it up no noticing the damage thinking the crank sensor not being bolted was the problem and it persist to not have spark. So can that damage affect the sensor enough to not read correctly so it tell the engine to not start?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't see any reason for it to be the dizzy. Everything worked fine befor I changed the head gasket. Buying a new crank sensor today. Will post if it worked or not

·
Registered
476 Posts
I don't see any reason for it to be the dizzy. Everything worked fine befor I changed the head gasket. Buying a new crank sensor today. Will post if it worked or not

That sensor has nothing to do with starting, it's for misfire detection. On a normally functioning engine you could unplug it and still start the engine.

Like mentioned above, check that you have 12V with the key on at the distributors blk/yel wire.

If everything worked fine before doing the head gasket recheck you mechanical timing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts