Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:ninja:3rd gen Dohc ZC. Obd1 with Chipped p28 ecu with respective basemap.

I already checked for signal at the ecu. I've used an ohm meter and test light on power source to dizzy. Changed cap and rotor. While it was off, I checked for power at the shaft, and nothing. I took ohm tester to every fuse under the hood. checked the alternator fuse, which I heard sometimes keeps dizzy from sparking? Have not checked main relay yet, or ignition switch. More diagnosing tonight.

Anybody know anything about this? I've already tried switching the white wires on the dizzy plug. I've already checked mechanical timing.

ZERO SPARK

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
There's test you can do for the coil but I don't think there 100%. The coil is pretty easy to change. If you have a spare distributor with a working coil you can swap it and see if that's your problem or not.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you downloaded yourself the workshop manual? Lots of info there for diagnosing things like this.
I have not. I've read through it briefly. But it just told me to replace the igniter. Which I'm going to do. I have a spare lying around somewhere. Haha

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
coils you can ohm out, no easy way to test the ICM

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went through and checked the wiring inside the dizzy, and compared it to a diagram I found, and it was all wrong. I changed It over so it all matched up, and within the first second of cranking, she fired right up. Changed the oil and put more oil in the trans just in case. Haha. But it likes the run somewhat rough when it's cold. Somewhat boggs. Not throwing any codes though

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it. The distributor was advanced all the way forward. I put it back to the mark I had, and it seems alright

1 - 13 of 13 Posts