Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Been doing some reading on this modification. Basically cutting the end of the shifter linkage and welding in a mil spec Uni joint. To reduce slop in the box feel and give it a more direct feel.

Unfortunately i have had some difficulties finding a suitable Uni joint to DIY this myself. - I am not able to send away my shifter to have this done as I'm in australia and don't want to pay the excessive shipping.

Could anyone provide me with a link, Part# or company that i can buy a suitable uni joint so i can DIY weld it in myself?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Damn beat me to it Slo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
An actual u-joint is a much better solution than the Lowe's DIY (not that it isn't still a great DIY for the price/effort).

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Honda dropped the ball on linkage joints.

that $62 jegs steering joint would be perfect. already has weather resistances/immunity, perfect

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Some of these replies make me curious. If someone were for the name of a good turbocharger vendor, would you just link him to a JRSC write-up?? His situation is unique to 99.9% of the users here and telling him to "search" makes you look like lazy bums. More time is spent on DSO creating a hostile atmosphere than if we just posted a cunthair's sliver of advice/info - or just STFU and let the thread die.

Here's what I plan on getting (3 listed because their prices fluctuate):
A) Belden UJ-HD1000x00 Heavy Duty Single Universal Joint, Alloy Steel, 1" OD, 3-3/8" Overall Length: Pin And Block Universal Joints: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

B) Belden UJ-HD25x12k Single Universal Joint, Keyways, Alloy Steel, Metric, 12mm Bore, 25mm OD, 50mm Overall Length: Pin And Block Universal Joints: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

C) Belden UJ-HD1000x500 Heavy Duty Single Universal Joint, Alloy Steel, 1/2" Bore, 1" OD, 3-3/8" Overall Length: Pin And Block Universal Joints: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Boot:
Belden UJ-1000 Boot Universal Joint Boot Covers, Nitrile, 1" Bore, 1-1/2" OD, 1-1/2" Overall Length: Pin And Block Universal Joints: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

If you can't get those shipped, look into steering joints at junkyards. I know the Civic/teg version would work fairly well. They're also constructed to be much stronger than a shift lever ever needs. The problem is the boot, but it's entirely possible to use a section of rubber or silicone tube.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,110 Posts
lol, when I tell someone to search, I literally do said search myself to make sure they'll find it first try.

teach a man to fish bro

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
lol, when i tell someone to search, i literally do said search myself to make sure they'll find it first try.

Teach a man to fish bro
momma said searchin' the devil!!!!!!!

RAWR

·
Registered
SCCA F Prod CRX Si
70 Posts
You still have an advantage searching as you've read the post and know the unique key words.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
hold a seminar to teach the world your skill and secrets to success
Ancient chinese secret :p

Plus I told duke already and he's not talking...

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,110 Posts
fucking must spread rep! gahhhh

1 - 20 of 32 Posts