Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 ej1 and i decided to clean my bay up a little, the owner before me cut the car alarm wires and jerry rigged it so who knows if it worked or not, so i took the power and ground off, the ground was a hood closed switch? I took it off because it didnt look factory anyway, i taped the 2 ends off and zip tied them to the underneath of the dash, the reason im asking is i am unsure if i had reverse before and would like to know if me pulling the ground off was an issue, any help is appriciated

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,051 Posts
do you have a reverse plug on the trans? is it plugged into anything? do the reverse lights light up? are they good bulbs? are they plugged in? what have you done to help yourself?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
check for power at reverse bulb socket.

reverse lights only light up when ignition is on, so you have another spot to check there.

nobody can really hand you an answer without being there at the car, so some self diagnostic is a good skill to improve upon

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,051 Posts
Is there a sensor for the reverse lights? - Honda Civic Forum
"There is a switch on the transmission.

Fuse #10 = 7.5 Amps in under dash fuse box.

Wire color for reverse lights circuit is GRN.

A possibility is the wire in the black plastic loom that moves when trunk is opened/closed may have broken. The loom has tape around it but can be opened. Locate the green wire inside up near the trunk and give the wire a slight pull to see if it moves. If it moves easy it is broken from flexing. "

1993 honda civic dx reverse lights not working - HondaCivicForum.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts