Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car doesn't have power after about 3500 just gets louder sounds a bit different too.

So I went home check timing was ok.
Car ran good.

So I left after about 5 miles of freeway then on side streets it started again.
Checked timing right away still perfect.

Can a cam be off by a tooth but still show the timing is right with a light? I don't remember been a while since I've messed with my crx

Will a fuel filter make the car act like this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked to make sure rotor wasn't loose.
Started it up.
Same thing it idles ok..
My timing belt looked a bit loose flapping around a bit. If its loose under load will it change my timing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
no, it does not change your timing but next time when you have time check your codes, because it sound like your distributor is going out.

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
the light will still show within spec if you are off a tooth, best way to figure out if you are off a tooth is take the two lower bolts out of the dizzy, leaving the top one finger tight. go around and crank the car and let it idle, then come back around pull the top bolt out and advance or retard past the bolt holes, if it straightens up then wah lah one or two teeth off, and i would also check to make sure there isnt oil on top of the sparkplug side causing them not to fire. if so replace grommets

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
The only time I've had problems with no power was when the ignition timing was retarded. I've had some spontanious 3.5k rev limits problems that came and went. I think it was a problem with the grounds though.

Pull the upper timing belt cover and check if the timing is off or not. How does your plugs, cap, rotor, compression, air filter, etc. look like?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts