Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok first off, I have not done this mod, but the idea came to me when thinking about a motor mount DIY I came across.

So the no play shift linkage (from a company that is talked about on this site) essentially uses your stock shift rods and modifies them by replacing the u-joint in the actual shifting rod with a polyurethane "joint."

The engine mount mod that I came across instructs you on how to hollow out your existing mods and "refill" them with a polyurethane mixture. The DIY listed the parts needed and that it is a very successful piece if done correctly.

So, here's what I'm thinking...
Why not construct something with the polyurethane mixture around the stock u-joint and create a similar effect as the higher cost replacement.

Let's hear some pro's and con's and maybe your thoughts!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
753 Posts
Should post pics!
I'll snap some the next time the car's up in the air. Feels like the shifter's right in the trans, a buddy of mine compared it to a miata. This really is a must-have mod.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Lol you cheap fucks 100 bucks isnt that bad especially if you dont or cant do it yourself.
but if you have the skill why not DIY?
Im all about DIY because those guys turn into the people who pump out kick ass products. But what kills me alot of times is Honda people crying about the cost of modding an already cheap car. Thats why alot of shops start off with Hondas and then eventually leave them alone...... Cheap fast reliable..... you can only pick two :TU:

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
753 Posts
3/4 x 3/4 or 3/4 x 15?
3/4 x 3/4

Im all about DIY because those guys turn into the people who pump out kick ass products. But what kills me alot of times is Honda people crying about the cost of modding an already cheap car. Thats why alot of shops start off with Hondas and then eventually leave them alone...... Cheap fast reliable..... you can only pick two :TU:
I hope I didn't sound like I was knocking RC at all, because I'm not. If I didn't know how to weld or didn't feel like messing with it I would've bought their setup.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
3/4 x 3/4

I hope I didn't sound like I was knocking RC at all, because I'm not. If I didn't know how to weld or didn't feel like messing with it I would've bought their setup.
Nope I was speaking in general. Im glad that you figured it out and did it yourself. Nothing wrong with that one bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts