Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i took out my gsr trans in my sedan that has an obx lsd.
put in a stock 97 gsr trans (rebuilding the other to take more power)

i plan on going to the drag strip friday night, i will NOT be doing any anti-lag launches....
any tips on how to not break this stock trans though??
its not the end of the world if it does break, but i still dont want to.
setup is built ls vtec, garrett .60 trim,18psi on ectune :)
would changing to honda MTF be any better for it?
im going to drop air pressure to about 10psi in the tires
Khumo victoracer v700's
any tips or helpful comments welcome

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Youre probably better off launching at high rpm and letting it spin as opposed to having it grab hard. But of course then it may hop bad, so idk. Im a n00b when it comes to drag racing.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Will v700's hook up? I really don't think dropping to 10lbs on them will help much. They are not a drag radial and do not react to air pressure drop the same way. I would drop to maybe 25lbs and start there with a good burn out in the box.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Yep, preload it and it'll be fine. People have put ALOT more power than you are putting down through stock trannies for years.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yep, slip alot and preload or roll off the line. If you have adjustable susp. then dial it in if you wheel hop.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ya line up and rev to about 3,200 and start to let your clutch out ( as much as you can without out it actually grabbing and go forward,) Than just let of the clutch steadily and floor first, shift without hitting rev limiter, play with the throttle if you have to in first, dont let off so much you stop spinning, play with the throttle in first to get the momentum of your tires up than hit second hard and play with throttle there as well, 3rd wot, 4th wot.
two things can kill your 60, spinning to much or pussy footing and not spining at all, find a happy medium try different thing and and compare times,

hope you have fun at the track

·
one grumpy old man
786 Posts
slicks is what makes it possible.wheel hop is a tranny eater.

·
Registered
123 Posts
well if the op is not to worried if the tranny does break then there is only one way to find out and that is try it and see. post results please :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts