Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got a 94 civic coupe d15b7 about 130000k on motor. when i bought it the kid said it needed a radiator and alt. Looked like he might of put a used one in. I put the alt in.Take it for a ride and blow the upper rad hose. Nurse it home find out the head gasket is blown between 2 center cyl. i changed it now car runs fine for 2 months or so but dont have hot heat just luke warm. I changed the thermostat when i did the head gasket, bleed coolant, still no heat same as before just luke warm. noticed i was losing a lil bit of coolant so i changed the cap last week. now it stoped leaking but last night something let lose again sprayin coolant all over the engine bay again. havent really looked to hard yet but does not look to be a blown hose this time.

Any one got suggestions to why no heat or what would cuase this probem. Just looking to see where I should start on this one...:(

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
When you say no heat, you mean as indicated by the gauge or you mean the cabin heater doesn't work or you mean the hoses are comparitivly cool.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no cabin heat. all hose felt warm when i check them the other day. upper and lower hoses and heater hoses

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Pressurise the radiator at the filler neck with air pressure and look and listen to see where it escapes from. Best way is with a proper pump that attaches to the filler neck, but you can use a compressor and a rag to help seal. Be careful not to use to much pressure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so today i pressurized the system noticed that the one heater hose had buldged the ripped so i replaced that filled the system up with bleeder open and let the car warm up. the upper rad hose was hot lower was cold and left heater hose was hot but right was only a little warm?

I still only have luke warm heat. i checked the acuator for the warm and cold air by the firewall and it seems to be workin and opening and closign all the way?

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Yoyr thermostat is not opening for whatever reason.

Either the thermostat itself is faulty. Easy test. remove it and place in a container of water and bring to boi. It should start to open a bit before boil and be fully open by boil.

The return hose from the heater and the thermostat bypass are hooked uu wrong. You need water coning out of the head into the heater then out of the heater and into the thermostat housing so it blasts directly onto the sensitive end of the thermostat which is the water pump end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts