Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not so... this thread is a thank you to john(vtecencrx) for when i ask ask for help, when i spun my bearing and i needed a crank. he gave me a free a6 crank. unflinching gave me one free and asking for nothing. inturn i gave him a free portig and polish head for just $125 the cost of only machine work and materials to do is head. of course he gave me the valve seals.

so in turn i ported and polished it, hot tanked, pressured checked, valves grinded, valve seats grind, decked. not alot of ppl know i was hired by a local machine to porting and polishing heads for them. he really loves my work and he's started to show me more technique. and it'll be for oval track racing.

so lets start:

so he brought me a D15b2 w/a D16a6 to do. i will say it was in pretty bad shape. how bad. the spark pugs were seized, the oil was chocolate syrup and blah, blah, blah.

cover off...

nasty goop for seal.

valves looking bling... not.

rocker assembly

ooo chocolate rock candy on the valves.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
back from the machine shop before i started the pnp.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
so now i'm done with my work and back from the machine shop for the secod time.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
valves in...

and now ready to go to back to john...

and there are still a couple of heads i need to still pnp polish for a couple peeps here. you know who ya are get backto me before i leave the honda sceen... oops did i say that... *erkle voice* lol.

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,177 Posts
and there are still a couple of heads i need to still pnp polish for a couple peeps here. you know who ya are get backto me before i leave the honda sceen... oops did i say that... *erkle voice* lol.
pfffsh you aint going nowhere LOL

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks sexy remoer
how much mill?
And glad to see the circle track world getting bigger.
not much, just made sure the deck was straight.

nut i'm looking into getting a 350 SB with a 383 stoke... well i'm looking into buy a block.. but hey i'm still a noob..
pfffsh you aint going nowhere LOL
true i might disapper for a bit but ot for long i'll still lurk. lol.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL!
For real, though, man. You resurrected that bitch.
no doubt it was really in bad shape even i was like damd can i bring it back.. but it did good.
Looks great man!
thanks alot.
great job looks good...nice pics...
thanks man, well the truth is this was a basic pnp. not to the extent i could have gone. and on top of it, having a 6 mega pixel camera really is not cutting it for real god pics.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks really great im glad there are still good people out there.
very few i might say too... it's never about money or the deals i get. if you do good by me i'll do good to you. panda bought my bottom end i gave him a free pnp head, too. for free.

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
That looks Super Clean.. :bigok:

Shoulda named the thread "No Good Deed Goes UnPolished" lol

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sam let me know when you want yours done. you will have to go thru Valentine that is part of my contract. but you know there's always loop holes in contract. lol.

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
Hooray! Someone who doesn't leave the valve guides sticking out and impeding flow!!

Looks good man.

Curious to see what you end up with on a 383. There about 19 different ways to skin that cat with the different rod and piston combos and they all have their pros and cons. I ended up going with a Eagle 383 crank, SBC 400 rods (shorter), and 350 pistons - which gives me more sideloading than I really want but I don't expect this motor to turn 200K on the odometer - ideally I would have gone with 6" rods and matching pistons, but the budget wasn't there, or stuck with the stock 5.7" 350 rods and 383 pistons, but that's another long story.

What are your plans for it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts