Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people,

just got my car back together after a few months and i cant get it to start :(

i have a spark, i have fuel, its got 160psi on 1,2,4 and 170psi on 3 which i thought was pretty good for a brand new un run motor. the only thing i can thing of is maybe its the map?

i have managed to get it to fire very very briefly but thats it.

anyone throw any idea's at me for things to check as im stuck now.

cheers.

luke.

·
Registered
98 vw jetta 3
2,022 Posts
checked your physical timing u may be 1/2-1 tooth off? how does it sound while trying to start? does it drag? is it spinning fast? have u checked to make sure your injectors are pulsing? just because it has fuel and spark doesnt mean its actually fueling in the cylinders. also a detailed list of your mods may be helpful.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i ckecked the spark with a lead test light, i checked the injector pulse with a noid light, the plugs are wet and smell of fuel, the engine turns over as it should.

i set the timing when it was on the stand and i triple checked it (i get paranoid about mechanical timing) but i'll recheck it tomorrow.

i cant see any reason why it shouldnt fire up :(

mods are:

eagle rods
srp pistons
darton sleeves
comp 59500 cam
injector dynamics 1000cc injectors
hondata s300
omni tps
stock map
intank walbro
inline walbro

cheers for the quick replies guy, much appreciated.

luke.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did some searching on here and someone suggested to another member about having the dist 180 degrees out? im sure the alignment holes are off center to stop this happening yea?

luke.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
firing order is deffo right, i checked that today.

i'll recheck mech timing tomorrow and also if the dist is the right way.

luke.

·
Registered
91 Firebird Formula
233 Posts
Buddy had the same issue after his build.
Ended up being his 5bar map sensor, popped in his stock one and it fired right up. Ended up wiring in the 5 bar was janky.

·
Registered
1992 cx, 1995 dx
983 Posts
Did you adjust the tune for your map? And the tps is it sending the right voltage? the compression test seems like you got your mechanical timing right. even when i had the plug wires wrong i got the car to run. GL

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i have a fuel pressure gauge on my AFPR, i set it to 45psi.

yea the ECU is tuned to my ID1000cc, i even uploaded a stock z6 map and changed the injectors to 1000c and fiddled with the trim and still no go.

im running hondata S300.

i used a spark lead test light to check for a spark. come to think of it it didnt light up really, it was just glowing.

i have a brand new dist but i'll check it and through my old one on.

luke.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok so today i checked/did:

mechanical timing was spot on
checked rotor cap
changed dist
checked all fuses
check MAP and TPS wiring

i managed to get it to "want to start" when i spayed some easy start into the air filter, so whipped the charge pipe and tried some in there and nothing.

i retested the sprak by earthing it out on the motor and it was nice and strong.

i retested the injector harness using a noid light and it light up but fairly week, i tested it a voltmeter and got 12 volts.

while doing the mech timing i check the the rockers where free on cylinder 1# aswel.

luke.

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Check the order of your spark plugs and how they are plugged into the dizzy.

Even if they are in the right order, make sure they are in the correct hole on the DIZZY. I had the same problem and I had to rotate the plug wires on the dizzy clockwise 1 hole.

·
Registered
civic
130 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhh shiiiit luke all that time and no go this is sad!!!!!
and you can put the dizzy in 180 theres enough play in it to do that
luke are the spark plugs good??? if their wet could have fouled them up
-si-

1 - 20 of 27 Posts