Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i hear the words search i already have even used google. my main relay is good i checked it with a known running car and it fired right up 5 times in a row. i hear all the right clicks at the right time from the main fuse box and the main relay. the issue is the pump isnt turning on. i have no voltage to it. i used a test light and it wont light up at all. i bought this pump new from a guy on here and it was still in packaging and all so i beleive its a good pump i havent tried straight wiring yet. and the plug on the pump is the same as the stock wiring harness in my 94 dx hatch. any help is greatly appreciatted guys.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i ran straight wire to it and it pumps. it just doesnt have power at the wires. ive traced it up to the fusebox area but it is jumbled into some other harness so i gotta take the dash back out. ghey.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im thinking im going to do what toph sugested run a wire from the fuse box for it. now another question. there are two connectors back there one for the fuel pump whats the other go too?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so i wired it up from the fuse box straight on an acc fuse spot. found out i had an injector leaking then i snapped a fuel rail stud and had to switch manis. so after all that fun it does pump fuel but will not start. im told that this is do to the fact that the fuel pump isnt coming on by itself so and that the distributor is hooked in with this bunch of wiring so apparently i have no fuel and no spark. so guess im pulling the dash again.

·
Banned
367 Posts
damn which acc fuse did you tie into? you should tie into something that comes on when the key is turned on.

grab a friend have him try to turn it over while your under the hood checking for spark. just pull a wire off the dizzy or out the head and touch it to metal and you should see spark when turning over.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys ive been thru all my relays they all work. no blown or half blown fuses. still will not kick the pump with key power thru original wiring nor will the dizzy make spark? any ideas?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so after pulling the dash ad all the other ghey shit ive had to do it turns out it was a plug in the ebay. it was pluged in all we did was unplug and replug it and now it works. idk but anyway as my motor was obd1 and the dizzy is obd1 but the new motor is obd0 which firing order do i use the stock b7 obd1 setup or the new a6 firing order? oh and one more as im at something like 7.8.1 comp is the dizzy going to have to be advanced alot or retarded?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Yaaaaaay!!!! Your penis has been upgraded to "not so small."

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its kinda meh running it runs but sounds like it has a problem im going to have to do some tuning and make sure it is the right firing order and some other bs stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts