Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
above
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, kind of a n00b here on d-series. but i figured ill make an introductory post after i get my car to start lol. anyways, i have a 95 eg hatch, did an ls swap a while ago, shit the bed. then went cheap and did a z6 swap. never hooked up vtec. i will once the car starts. but i had problems with it cranking, fuel pump would churn and theres a spark. but it wont ****** crank. i just kind of left it sittin in my garage for a couple months while i built up some inspiration. i had a feeling it might be a starter cut on my alarm so i ripped out the alarm(viper to be exact) and it looked kinda ghetto (not that i could do any better). car still dont start. oh, and i have tested the starter and i know it works. any help would be hella mother***** appreciated. so thanks in advance for helping a brotha out

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Sounds like a wiring issue. If the starter works. Make sure your grounds are clean and tight and hooked up. The ignition could be at fault too. Had to replace the switch on mine. Is the starter tightened down an the bolts clean? Sometimes the contact points on the trans housing are really dirty or covered in paint and the starter isn't grounding properly. Check those and let us know what you found.

·
Registered
above
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a wiring issue. If the starter works. Make sure your grounds are clean and tight and hooked up. The ignition could be at fault too. Had to replace the switch on mine. Is the starter tightened down an the bolts clean? Sometimes the contact points on the trans housing are really dirty or covered in paint and the starter isn't grounding properly. Check those and let us know what you found.
went through the car, used some sand paper and sanded all the connecting points, noticed that bracket on the tranny that i think holds up the rad hose or some shit, needless to say, fired right up after that. thanks a ton for responding and not calling my a dumbass like they do on honda tech :3dbiggrin:

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
can you turn the crank pulley? are you sure the motor is not seized up? turn it towards the front of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts